Before being shot dead,Gangster Vikas Dubey refused to surrender, opened fire injuring two cops | Chronicleplanet.com

Chronicleplanet.com

Best Latest News Provider

Before being shot dead,Gangster Vikas Dubey refused to surrender, opened fire injuring two cops

2 min read

On the run since he organized the massacre of eight policemen in Kanpur last Friday, Vikas Dubey was arrested yesterday at a temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.

Dreaded gangster Vikas Dubey was shot dead in an encounter early morning on Friday while the UP Special Task Force (STF) was bringing him back by road from Ujjain to Kanpur in a cavalcade of cars.

Gangster Vikas Dubey was shot lifeless when he tried to flee after a street accident whereas being taken to Kanpur, the Uttar Pradesh police stated on Friday. In a press release, the police stated they’d tried to get Vikas Dubey to give up however he fired at them, forcing them to retaliate.

The automotive by which Vikas Dubey was being taken, one among three within the convoy, overturned on the freeway and he tried to flee after snatching a gun, in line with the police

“The car overturned and policemen and the accused were injured. Then Vikas Dubey snatched a gun from an injured policeman and ran. The police team caught up and surrounded him and tried to get him to surrender, but he refused and started firing. The police had to fire back in self-defence,” the Kanpur police stated in a press release.

“Vikas Dubey was injured and taken to hospital. He died during treatment,” stated the assertion.

The police model got here as questions have been raised on the encounter, the most recent of a number of over the previous few days.Over the final week, 5 of Dubey’s aides had been killed.

“Actually, the car didn’t topple. The UP government has been saved from toppling by secrets that would have been revealed,” tweeted Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav in Hindi.

Dr Anil Kumar said a police team consisting of officials from UP’s Special Task Force (STF) and Kanpur police were bringing Dubey on a transit remand to Kanpur. At around 7.00 am, the vehicle in which Dubey was travelling overturned after it met with an accident in Sachendi area of Kanpur, he said. Taking advantage of accident, Dubey attempted to flee with a service pistol belonging to one of the officers. Gangster Vikas Dubey, the main accused in killing of eight policemen in the Kanpur encounter recently, being apprehended by police personnel after a nearly week-long manhunt, in Ujjain, Thursday, July 9, 2020. (PTI Photo) In the meantime, another police team escorting the vehicle in which the gangster was travelling in, arrived at the spot. They gheroed the area and commenced a combing operation to catch Dubey. On seeing the police team closing in on him, Dubey opened fire. The policemen tried to make Dubey surrender, but he refused and again shot at the police. Two officers were wounded in the incident. In retaliation, the police fired at Dubey, injuring him. All three injured persons were rushed to a hospital where doctors declared Dubey dead.