NIFTY| NSE | BSE | SENSEX | STOCK |MARKET LIVE |SHARE MARKET LIVE |INDIAN STOCK LIVE |NIFTY LIVE | UPDATES JULY 17 2020
Stock Market Highlights: Indian equity benchmark indices ended at day’s high on Friday. This is the fifth straight week that the Indian market ended with gains. Oil & gas along with financial names contributed the most gains today. Broader markets also ended 1 percent higher, adding more support. BPCL’s shares surged over 12 percent, to become the Nifty50 top gainer while Hindalco remained the index top loser. IT stocks added pressure but large caps including Reliance Industries, Bajaj Finance, BPCL helped the benchmarks to remain elevated.
1. Market gains for 5th consecutive week; Sensex & Nifty up 1.2% each
2. Nifty Bank snaps 4-week gaining streak, slips 1.9% this week
3. Midcap Index flat, Nifty IT top gaining index this week
4. BPCL, Wipro, Infosys, Cipla & HCL Technologies top gainers this week
5. Zee Entertainment, Adani Ports, Power Grid top losers this week